I have written content for a wide range of organisations and publications, and on an even wider range of topics. With my interest and background in science and my passion for hands-on travel and photography, I am the perfect choice to create content for you.
Furthermore, having grown up in Vienna but studied and lived in the UK for over seven years, my English and German are both at mother-tongue level. I have undertaken a number of translations and would be delighted to translate your content from German into perfect, native-level English.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you are interested in working with me. I look forward to hearing from you!
- Vagabundo Magazine: guest blog posts on thoughts and insights from my 2012/13 round-the-world trip.
- …and of course all the content right here on Beating the Humdrum!
- Natural History Museum, London: PR Officer. I wrote a number of press releases helping journalists break major news stories. March – November 2015.
- Microbiology Society, London: Assistant Communications Officer. I produced the majority of blog posts on the Society’s blog, Microbe Post. April 2013-February 2015.
- European Geosciences Union: Freelance writer for the quarterly newsletter, GeoQ, August-November 2014.
- British Antarctic Survey: Freelance writer, June 2013 and January-June 2012; Press Office intern, December 2011.
- Blu Dot UK: Monthly blog posts (and associated tweets) on cutting-edge scientific discoveries. July-October 2014. [Articles no longer available online; PDFs available on request]
- Heat map of ground below Antarctic ice
- Ebola: The ultimate killer virus? The inner workings of the deadly disease
- How did the Antarctic ice sheet form?
- Reaching for New Horizons: A journey to the edge of the solar system
Translation (German to English)
- The Economics of Classic Cars: A global market for beauty, passion and emotion
- “Erlkönigin” e-cigarette FAQ page (the German original is available here)